Friday, February 22, 2013

There Are Many Moments In My Life

I am not someone who love to use bold colors in my layouts / project recently but February is just the perfect month to use up those pretty RED pattern papers right? February is the month we celebrate both Chinese New Year and also Valentine's day, so I decided I should give it a try to do something in RED. And Crate Paper is having February Creative Challenge: LOVE RED now. Do hop over to see those inspiring RED projects that their DT created.

I have created 2 layouts using Crate Paper Fourteen collection and here's one of the layout. Heavily heavily inspired by Wilna Furstenbert's video tutorial in 2Peas. She was inspired by the gorgeous mood board below:
What is not to love about this lovely mood board? The yellow (gold) and the red combination is the first  thing that strike me when i look into the mood board. I decided to created a layout with yellow/gold & red/pink scheme.

And here's my take. I am also inspired by the grid layout done by Wilna in the video. I have been wanting to do some grid layout for a while. Pardon me for the red splatters in the background, they do look like blood stain in picture / real life. LoL. Instead of using white thread, I also change it to those pretty gold/brown thread that is used for sewing jeans. That explains the thickness of the thread. 

Loving the butterfly in Wilna's layout. So I decided to add some chipboard butterflies flying toward my photo to draw the attention from the busy layout to my photo. This is by far my favorite baby bump photos ;) When I have completed the layout, i was thinking whether should add a title for the page. And then I decided not to. There is not rules saying it is a must to add title to a layout right?

A little messier and busier than my routine. But it is always good to break your crafting routine to get the creative juice flow right?

Another close-up. The letters are cut out from one of the pattern papers from Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic. 

And there is another exciting news! I have won a spot in Wilna's 2Peas class! Tell me about pregger's luck! Yay! I can't wait to learn more artistic and mixed media technique from the awesome class! Thanks Wilna &  2peas!

Off to pack my luggage now! I am going back to Kuala Lumpur for my bi-weekly antenatal check-up and also to celebrate my daddy's birthday. Gonna have a real busy weekend. I hope you do enjoy your coming weekend. Thanks for looking, XoXo.


8 comments:

  1. thanks to Charles for the 4th time, and continue with Yoke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning the class! Can't wait to see your creations! Love your work and thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the win, and oh it's so true to change it up with your scrapping :) enjoy your break ... Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog too! :)
    Love this layout! IT's awesome! If my papers arrive in time, I will participate too :) Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your project life and layouts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! Congrats! ang i love your layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet bump pic! I love it! And the layout is totally amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on your win! do you like the class? your layout is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)