Monday, July 28, 2014

Layouts⎪XoXo

Hello there! I have been lazy with maintaining my blog again this month. I have this layout sitting in my draft folder for weeks and now I finally push the publish button to show you guys here!

I am totally in love with these dies by Amy Tangerine and Dear Lizzy when American Crafts just launched the new die set. I used these dies a lot for cutting patterned papers, vellum, felt and even cork sheet. *Enabler aper* you can get yours at Citrus Twist Kits store too!



For this layout, I want the XOXO die-cut to be the focus of the layout so I die-cut as many as I could with blue, pink patterned papers and some vellums. Then used them as background. I believed I have channeled the awesome Paige Taylor Evans in me when I piece all the XOXO die cuts together. I love how Paige's layouts are always quilting inspired and the way she uses a lot of patterned papers in her pages. Okay, my layout is no where to be as pretty as hers, but i really love how the die-cut background turned out.


More close-ups of the die-cuts. It was quote painful (Ahem, I mean tedious) to roll the die cuts again and again. But it is also very fun and therapeutic when you keep repeating the same things ;)



I also add some machine stitching to every XOXO die cuts because I didn't use much adhesive to stick them on my page and want them to be floating on the background. (Not sure if it make any sense ;))


Thanks for looking! And now, go here to get this set of dies! Its one of the must have dies, I kid  you not!

XoXo,
sam-sig

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those stamped cork pieces, Sam! What kind of white ink do you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)