Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Randoms | I Am Still Here ;)

Hello there,

Some of you might be wondering why is my Big Cartel down for maintenance or it keeps showing 'Check Back Soon' for the past few days….. And I am so blessed that I have received some emails asking if I am feeling ok or some even asked if I am pregnant. Lol. No no no, I am not pregnant, I just need a little break, for the following reasons:


1. My mini-me has just started Montessori in October and we are still adapting to the new schedule. I am always a nocturnal person who works during the wee hours (till 4~5am) and I need to wake up 8.30am the next day to send him to school. It is very PAINFUL for me every morning since I am never a morning person. I also came to realisation that I haven't been spending much time with my family ever since my little shop has picked up a little + the number of assignments that I have to do monthly is kinda overwhelming. 

Nothing beats spending a lazy morning reading books, singing songs, doing silly dance with my 18-month-old.


2. I am kinda proud of myself being able to send out nearly 200 orders this month. Can't thank everyone enough for being so supportive + patience with me because sometimes it take me a few days just to reply emails. These mails stuck at my local post office for a few days because their system was down and it took a while to process all these registered mails.



3. This is how my room looks like during packing & shipping days. Being so unorganised is driving me crazy and I am totally in creative rut and unmotivated when my room is in huge mess.



Eeekkk! I couldn't even write on my work desk for a week. Invoices, washi tapes, pens, pencil cases and books are were all over my desk.



4. Even my dad said i need to re-organise my overflowing wasabi. Lol. Well, he calls my washi tapes as wasabi =P And then I asked him to made some new shelves for my work desk and I need a little re-organisation to fit my dual-screen. Can't wait to show you my room when I am done reorganising it.



5. My room barely has any floor space after my shipping day. It was kinda crazy and this was no where to be called a happy mess.


Then we moved the day bed out and did another round of re-organisation. Well, it is still very packed and messy, i think I would be able to clean things up after a few more rounds of purging ;) 




6. After reading A Bowl Full of Lemons' blog about 31 days of purging, I reorganised our living room, Ivan's play area and his wardrobe too. Well, my scrap room is messy but at least I have cleaned up one of the corner in the house.  I think I would not be able to be so consistent in doing the purging daily but I am very determined to purge area by area according to my own schedule. #abfol31daypurge



7. And here's another main reason I am taking a short break from work. I have a ganglion cyst of ping-pong ball sized on my right ankle. It's getting a little painful when I sit on the floor when I pack orders. I have had this ganglion cyst since I was heavily pregnant and it is getting bigger recently. So I went to see doctor and also did an Xray & MRI scan for this. Well, no biggie, i just need to schedule another appointment to go for an excision to remove this. 


8. I am also grateful to be able to take a mini break and its been a while since I had lunch with the hubs during weekdays ;)


8. I am also closing the shop to catch up on back logs and orders. My little shop is run by myself only with very little help from friends / family when it comes to packing / working on orders. I do feel terribly bad when I have so many unread / un-replied emails.


My to-do list was getting so crazily overwhelming that I felt extremely unmotivated.


9. My little shop is in need of stock-taking LoL. That's the part that I hate most.


10. I have to confess: I am never good in de-stressing or dealing with stress. So when I am so swamped with work, I can never be creative or work on assignments. This much needed break definitely help myself unwind a little and do more things that I love + work on ideas that I wrote on my to-do list for a while ;) Feel so good to be able to create something for myself, just for fun, not for order / assignments. 
Don't get me wrong, i do love working on custom orders or scrapbook assignments, but sometimes doing something without any guidelines, just follow your heart to create is really what I am craving for recently.


11. Can't help be thankful for all the little things at the moment and also drafting a few blog post to show you more about my planner set ups, stationery reviews etc.



12. Again, nothing beats spending time with my little one. He never fails to amaze me with his new tricks that he learns everyday, with his smile and his happy-self.


And also, extremely happy to bump into one of my long-time instagram firmed Pooi Chin who never fails to amaze me with her super awesome Midori Traveler's Notebook.


I seriously can't thank everyone enough for your concern and kind words. Just in case you are wondering, my little shop will re-open on 25th October and of course, with the new November Happie Planner Kit and some amazing new arrivals! 

XoXo,
sam-sig

2 comments:

  1. I recently got into using paper planners and came across your adorable blog. I love it and think what you do is absolutely inspiring. I hope you feel better and that cyst looks rather scary, so best to take care of that soon. By the way, I'm from Malaysia too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your shop and saw you have a blog too! I hope you are enjoying your time for you and your family :)) I will (and I am sure all of your customers) patiently wait until you are ready to open your shop again. Take the time you need and enjoy it :)) xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)